Home > Admission
There are two modes of admission of eligible candidates to any of the courses of study as per the details given below:
(i) Direct Admission:
a) B.A. Programme
(ii) Admission through Faculties of Arts/Science/Commerce :
a) B.A. (Honours) Music through Faculty of Arts
Candidates desirous of seeking admission to any of the above mentioned courses need to first get themselves registered with the respective faculty. The college will then receive applications only from those candidates who have been registered by the concerned faculty.
Admissions to Under-Graduate Courses:
After declaration of the cut-offs lists by the University, the student will need to report to the college for admission within a stipulated period. At this stage, the student would be required to fill the college admission forms and the University enrolment form. The student would then get his/her documents verified and pay the admission the fees.
In courses where admissions are done through entrance examinations, separate procedure shall apply.
Students, who wish to be considered in the Sports and Extra-Curricular Activities (ECA) categories, may have to fill separate ECA/Sport forms. The application forms shall be made available by the college. Similarly, the candidates desirous of availing of Hostel Accomodation need to apply on the prescribed form issued by the college.
Admission of SC/ST/OBC/PWD Candidates:
The Grievance Committee SC/ST/OBC/PWD
Qualifying Criteria for Admission:
1. The first admissions list, and any subsequent lists if necessary, will be put up on the college notice board on the dates announced by University of Delhi for the same.
2. Candidates who qualify according to the criteria stated therein and have also applied for admission, or those whose admission under any reserved category has been recommended by the appropriate authority, will be first required to report to the Admission In-charge of the concerned course in the room designated for that purpose. The candidate must report in person, between 10 a.m. and 12.30 p.m. on the days fixed for admission and payment of fees, for the relevant admission list. The candidate must carry the following documents in original and one self attested copy of each of the following:
a. Provisional Certificate from the Principal of the School / College last attended.
b. Certificate of Date of Birth (Issued by the concerned Board).
c. Detailed Marks-Sheet (of Senior School Certificate, or equivalent examination)
[Note: Candidates whose qualifying examination is from a Board other than the C.B.S.E. or C.I.S.C.E. (ISC Examination) must get their result authenticated by the Resident Commissioner of the State where the Board is situated. All students who are covered under this clause must comply with this within the time limit for admission.]
d. Two self-attested recent passport size photographs (of the candidate).
e. SC/ST/OBC certificate or Certificate of disability, issued by a competent authority and admission slip issued by the University (in case of admissions in SC/ST/PH categories). It may be noted that if any false attestation / falsified record are detected, the students will be declared debarred from attending any course in the University or College(s) for the next five years and in addition, a criminal case under the relevant section of IPC (viz. 470, 471,474 IPC etc.) will be instituted against the student.
3. After obtaining the recommendation of the Admission In-charge of the concerned course, the candidate will report to the Central Admission Committee (CAC) with all the documents, and follow the subsequent instructions issued to him/her by the Committee.
4. After obtaining the approval of the CAC, the candidate will be required to deposit the fee within the specified time.
5. Candidates who have passed their qualifying examination in any year other than 2012 may be considered separately on an individual basis.
ADMISSIONS ON THE BASIS OF EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
The following Grievance Committee is hereby constituted to look into the Grievances, if any, of students seeking admissions to various courses in the College during the academic session 2014-2015:The Grievance Committee